Thursday, April 14, 2011

Why am I Making a Devotional Blog?

The short answer is: I want to share what I've received in my personal devotionals with others, in the hopes that Christian women will be encouraged.

Oh, did you want the long answer? Read on!

Last year I was involved in a devotional group with some friends online with goodmorninggirls.com. This was a seasonal thing, which I believe they will start again in the winter.

It was really encouraging to read what other Christian women had gleaned from their Bible readings and morning devotions, and it helped me personally collect my thoughts when I wrote them down to share with others in my group.


This morning when I was reading my own devotional, I thought again about sharing what I was hearing from God's Word.

Personally, I have been feeling in great need of encouragement recently, and I know other women are probably feeling the same.

I have thought about this before and wondered what format I could use to share encouragement. Then I realized...DUH! You have a blog!

I decided to make a separate blog for devotions, however, since my regular blog, mommyvsarmyof5.blogspot.com, is meant to be for funny observations about my life, and I feel like devotions are a whole different subject.

So that's the long and short of it. I plan to post here (hopefully!) once a week what God has revealed to me  through my morning Bible readings.

I hope you'll join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment