Sunday, July 15, 2012

What does Jesus say about tomorrow?


From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:

(Jesus says:)
"DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW!
This is not a suggestion, but a command.
I divided time into days and nights, so that you would
have manageable portions of life to handle.
My Grace is sufficient for you,
but its sufficiency is for only one day at a time.
When you worry about the future,
you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame.
You stagger under the heavy load
which I never intended for you to carry.
Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust.
Anxious thought meander about and crisscross in your brain,
but trusting brings you directly into My Prescence.
As you thus affirm your faith, shackles of worry
fall off instantly. Enjoy My Prescence
by continually trusting Me at all times."

 
This was an extremely timely message for me. I seem to need to be reminded of this directive from Jesus every day.

How often do I waste time worrying about tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that?

And it IS a giant waste of time. "Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?" (Matt 6:27 NLT) The answer, or course, is a big fat NO!


In fact, worrying takes AWAY time, by wasting it on useless anxiety.

Knowing this, of course, doesn't stop me from doing it.

Hence today's little reminder......

No comments:

Post a Comment